The college admissions process is fraught with anxiety for many families. We are here to offer our expertise to make the experience as relaxed and rewarding as possible. Whether you need help finding the right colleges or building a competitive application, we can help. We offer flexible sessions—from one-hour meetings to address questions as needed to a full “hand-holding” counseling program. Our experienced counselors and essay specialists would love to help you become one of our Breakaway Prep success stories. Reach out with any questions about our work or to schedule time with one of our counselors.
COLLEGE COUNSELING SERVICES
COMMON APPLICATION BOOTCAMP
For rising seniors who want to complete their Common Application and the main college essay over the summer
- Small group and one-on-one instruction
- A completed Common Application - each step, from creating your account to finishing every question
- Strongest presentation of extracurricular activities and construction of a personal activity sheet
- Multiple primary essay drafts written and edited
- Individual advice about college list and strategy for early action, early decision, etc.
- Strategy and timeline to complete remaining application requirements
- Take-home binder for parents with all materials and student note
For seniors whose applications require college-specific supplemental essays and who prefer to work in a more structured small-group setting; also great as a follow-up for bootcampers to complete their supplemental essays (2hr workshops)
- Attend one or more to brainstorm, organize, and write your ideas in a workshop setting with guided editing and feedback
THE COMPLETE 1-on-1 APPLICATION PACKAGE
For seniors with limited availability OR for those who want the most personalized attention
- 1-on-1 guidance to complete all college applications and supplemental essays, with one of our counselors leading the way
JUST A LITTLE 1-on-1 HELP
For 9th-12th graders who need individualized guidance or help with applications (ex: essay help or early decision strategy); also great for bootcampers who need individual help on supplemental essays
THE COMPLETE PROGRAM
For 9th-12th graders who need individualized guidance on all aspects of the college planning and application process, with one of our counselors leading the way
Questions? email@example.com or (973) 477-2034
"Brantley and his team deliver. All of my kids went up significantly from their PSATs to their SATs."